About the author
Suspension Stories is a youth-led participatory action research project to understand the school to prison pipeline. This initiative is the result of a collaboration between the Rogers Park Young Women's Action Team (www.rogersparkywat.org) and Project NIA (www.project-nia.org).
- “CPS Students Want State Lawmakers To Fix ‘Broken’ School Discipline Policies”
- “Does Putting Children In Jail Solve Anything?”
- Dramatic Transformation of A School In Inner City Denver After Restorative Justice Implemented
- “A Fascinating Way to Put a Stop to the School-to-Prison Pipeline for Black Children”
- Alternatives to Calling Police on Young People – Amazing Popular Education Project, “Chain Reaction”
- “Campaign for Restorative Justice Gains Ground in Santa Ana”
- “Youth Incarceration Is Down But Not For Youth Of Color”
- “At Reedley (CA) High School, Suspensions Drop 40%, Expulsions 80% In Two Years”
Daily Archives: March 22, 2012
The following video was created by the Advancement Project about the school-to-prison pipeline in Florida.