About the author
Suspension Stories is a youth-led participatory action research project to understand the school to prison pipeline. This initiative is the result of a collaboration between the Rogers Park Young Women's Action Team (www.rogersparkywat.org) and Project NIA (www.project-nia.org).
- “Twin Cities religious leaders call for an end to mass student suspensions”
- “Suspensions at R.I. schools down; rates for minority students disproportionately high”
- “Juvenile justice system often leads to adult system, professor says”
- “We were about to put this kid out of school, when what he really deserved was a medal.”
- Christian Science Monitor: “Ohio boy suspended for pointing finger like a gun. ‘Zero tolerance’ run amok?”
- Epoch Times: Bill Requests NYPD to Report Youth Arrest Data
- The Uptake: “School-To-Prison Pipeline” Sparks Protest, School Walkout
- School-to-Prison Pipeline Analysis Using Civil Rights Data
Daily Archives: March 22, 2012
The following video was created by the Advancement Project about the school-to-prison pipeline in Florida.