About the author
Suspension Stories is a youth-led participatory action research project to understand the school to prison pipeline. This initiative is the result of a collaboration between the Rogers Park Young Women's Action Team (www.rogersparkywat.org) and Project NIA (www.project-nia.org).
- Video: “What We Carry On Our Backs: The School To Prison Pipeline”
- “Charter schools’ discipline policy under fire”
- “The the number of serious incidents of misbehavior plummeted 60 percent…”
- Freedom Summer Youth Congress Addressing Youth Criminalization & More This Summer
- Kiera Wilmot, the Honor Student Who Was Arrested For a Botched Science Experiment, Tells Her Story
- JJIE: “Life after Juvenile Detention”
- “Are School Closings the ‘New Jim Crow’? Activists File Civil Rights Complaints.”
- Communities Around The Country Gear Up For National Week of Action Against Incarcerating Youth!
Daily Archives: March 17, 2012
The High HOPES Campaign is a coalition of Chicago-based community organizations including Access Living, Community Renewal Society, Enlace Chicago, ONE (Organization of the NorthEast), Blocks Together, Trinity United Church of Christ, Southwest Youth Collaborative and POWER-PAC. They join together in … Continue reading