About the author
Suspension Stories is a youth-led participatory action research project to understand the school to prison pipeline. This initiative is the result of a collaboration between the Rogers Park Young Women's Action Team (www.rogersparkywat.org) and Project NIA (www.project-nia.org).
- “Parental Incarceration Has Worsened Disparities Between Black, White Children”
- Youth March From Detroit to Lansing Against Zero Tolerance Policies
- Video: Why Zero Tolerance is 100% Unequal?
- Jesse Williams of “Grey’s Anatomy” Talks School Pushout On Arsenio Hall: “America as a whole needs to make some changes”
- “CPS Students Want State Lawmakers To Fix ‘Broken’ School Discipline Policies”
- “Does Putting Children In Jail Solve Anything?”
- Dramatic Transformation of A School In Inner City Denver After Restorative Justice Implemented
- “A Fascinating Way to Put a Stop to the School-to-Prison Pipeline for Black Children”
Daily Archives: March 17, 2012
The High HOPES Campaign is a coalition of Chicago-based community organizations including Access Living, Community Renewal Society, Enlace Chicago, ONE (Organization of the NorthEast), Blocks Together, Trinity United Church of Christ, Southwest Youth Collaborative and POWER-PAC. They join together in … Continue reading